What is water damage restoration? Can it save you and your home?
Water damage can hit your home like a thief at night. Even small water leaks either from your plumbing system or water appliance could turn into a nightmare. A faulty washing machine or a water heater may leak and spill water on your kitchen’s hardwood floor. Moreover, a burst pipe can cause flooding in your basement. Natural disasters such as storms may cause a leaky roof to give in causing water damage to your property.
Many homeowners experience water damage each year and they use various approaches in trying to restore the beauty of their homes. One alternative which many homeowners go with is hiring a water damage restoration service to help them with water damage. Please continue reading this article to learn more about water damage restoration and its process.
What is Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration means fixing and restoring a property harmed by water, like floods or leaks. The aim is to rapidly eliminate the water and dry the damaged parts to prevent more damage, mold growth, and other harmful substances. It includes using special equipment and methods and addressing any structural damage or necessary repairs to return the property to its previous condition.
Water damage restoration is important not only for the safety and health of the occupants but also to prevent long-term damage to the property and ensure its value is preserved.
Factors to Consider Before Water Damage Restoration
Whether you will hire restoration professionals or you will just clean up space yourself, you need to:
1. Assess and evaluate the situation.
2. Consider a few of the following factors:
- The volume of water. You can begin cleaning up on your own if your home experiences a small to moderate amount of water. However, flooding is a different story and it will not go away despite your efforts in cleaning. So it might be best to call a water damage restoration expert.
- The source of damage. Before calling a professional, try to discover where the water is coming from.
3. Categories of Water Damage
a. Clean water. From rain or leaky pipes, this category of water does not contain hazardous chemicals and is safe to handle yourself.
b. Gray water – Leaking from appliances like your dishwasher, washing machine, or water heater, gray water may be slightly contaminated. With proper precautions, you can clean this by yourself.
c. Blackwater – This comes from the sewer or flooding from a nearby water source such as a river. Black water often contains health hazards and is not safe to handle.
4. Level of Damage
Assess the damage level because light damages are often managed by the homeowner. ‘Whereas, significant damage can be dangerous to fix without the help of a professional.
Locations for Damage
Water is good but can also be harmful. As a homeowner, you should know where water can impair your house. This is important to stop mold and damage to your home. To be safe, always look for damage in these places:
- Floor coverings
- Electrical wiring
What is Water Damage Restoration Process
It involves a complete process, including water extraction, drying, decontamination, repairs, and restoration. Water damage restoration is a specialized service of removing water from your property and restoring your home to its original state as soon as possible.
- Standing water and moisture can create an ideal breeding ground for germs and mold growth. The first step in the water damage restoration process is removing water as quickly as possible. It is done with the use of high-powered pumps and a vacuum.
- Start with the drying process and dehumidification. The restoration company will dry out everything completely, from small to big materials through the use of dehumidifiers and industrial air movers.
- Water mitigation services are used to prevent further damage from happening in the first place. After the drying process and disposal of non-salvageable things, professional cleaning and sanitation are carried out. This is to make sure that your home is clean and safe from contamination. Antimicrobial products are applied to kill all germs during the cleanup process.
- Restoration is the last process where the experts start to return your home to its original condition. Any items or materials that are damaged will now be repaired as well.
Why Hire a Water Damage Restoration Company
When it comes to water damage restoration, there are industry standards that professionals follow to ensure that the affected areas are properly repaired and restored to their pre-loss conditions.
Whether the damage occurred in a home or business, the restoration process typically involves using commercial-grade equipment to remove any standing water and dry out the affected areas as quickly as possible.
In cases where flood water or contaminated water is involved, emergency services may be necessary to ensure the safety of those involved. It’s also important to contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the damage and begin the claims process.
Working with a reputable water damage restoration company can help ensure that your property is restored to its pre-loss conditions and that all necessary steps are taken to prevent future damage.
Superior Restoration— For Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Dealing with water damage alone isn’t easy and can be very stressful for homeowners. Water cleanup itself may require a lot of time and effort. Furthermore, water damage restoration should be done in the fastest way possible. If not, mold and mildew might begin to grow and create further structural damage.
But, don’t worry. Because at Superior Restoration, we respond immediately so your floors, ceilings, walls, and important possessions are still possible to restore and preserve.
We also work efficiently to ensure that you won’t have to deal with other related issues in the future. Our professionals are available 24/7 for water damage repair and restoration services.
Contact our local office today, Water Damage Corona for an efficient water damage/ flood damage restoration process. We also offer mold removal and remediation services.